Looking to get all of the latest news, rumors, and updates in professional football? 365 Sports Network will now be bringing all of our news related posts to this section of our website. This section will bring news from the National Football League as well as starting in 2018 the Canadian Football League with Arena League’s coming in the future.
2018 Football Season News
Pro Football News: March 12th, 2018
Denver Broncos: Quarterback Case Keenum to sign with Broncos
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter announced that former Minnesota Vikings quarterback Case Keenum will sign with the Broncos. There has been rumors circling about the Broncos interest in Case Keenum but that is if a deal with quarterback Kirk Cousins was to fall through, and plans fell through. The Broncos have major quarterback issues and Case Keenum is only the team’s part-time option for now until they find the real future quarterback of the team. The Broncos could address the quarterback situation at some point during the upcoming draft.
Chicago Bears: Receiver Allen Robinson to sign with the Bears
- It was a one and done visit as Allen Robinson is expected to sign with the Chicago Bears. The Bears were in a market for a big name wide receiver from Jarvis Landry to Sammy Watkins and now Allen Robinson. The Bears are looking to find their go-to receiver for promising second-year quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears are still in need of adding a more reliable receiver across from Robinson as Kevin White has not lived up to expectations, Markus Wheaton is looking like a free agent bust and Cameron Meredith had ACL surgery. Adding a wide receiver in the first or second round is likely for the Bears. (Source: Adam Schefter)
Pro Football News: March 9th, 2018
Seattle Seahawks: Seahawks release Richard Sherman and Jeremy Lane
- Over the past 48 hours, it became clear that Richard Sherman is not returning to the Seattle Seahawks in 2018. This past season, Richard Sherman played in only 9 games due to a torn Achilles which he underwent surgery for and is still recovering from. Also, Richard Sherman yet again underwent another “minor” surgery and this time it was on his left Achilles. Richard Sherman, 30, spent seven seasons with the Seahawks, winning Super Bowl XLVIII over Denver, 4x Pro Bowl selection and 3x NFL All-Pro during his tenure. Even with the two surgeries done and rehabbing is underway, Richard Sherman will still have a large market this offseason and it could be possible that the Patriots are a team that could heavily pursue him.
- Jeremy Lane is a surprise cut here for the Seahawks. Jeremy Lane is no stranger to possibly being moved by the Seahawks as he was almost traded to the Houston Texans this past season but stayed in Seattle due to a failed physical with the Texans. The releasing of Jeremy Lane is likely a cap move as with both him and Richard Sherman both out of Seattle it will save the Seahawks $15.75 million in cap space. We are now waiting to see if the Seahawks truly clear house and trade Earl Thomas away this offseason.
Pro Football News: February 28th, 2018
New York Jets: Former Bears and Jets running back, Matt Forte announces retires.
- After 10-seasons in the NFL former Chicago Bears and New York Jets running back, Matt Forte announced his retirement. Matt Forte, 32, was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Tulane and he took the league by storm by being one of the backs in the game from 2008-2014. Down the stretch of his career, Matt Forte began dealing with serious knee injuries which derailed his performance especially this past season where only played in 12 games for the New York Jets but was ineffective all year. Matt Forte ends his NFL career with 9,796 rushing yards, 54 rushing touchdowns, 4672 receiving yards and 21 receiving touchdowns. Matt Forte was also a 2x Pro Bowl Selection in 2011 and 2013.