Pro Baseball News
Like our other news pages, Justin Kish Sports will bring coverage of Major League Baseball. Our coverage will also include Minor League Baseball.
Pro Baseball News: October 29th, 2018:
Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB): Diamondbacks exercise Paul Goldschmidt’s 2019 $14.5 million dollar option –
- Probably the easiest offseason task the Diamondbacks accomplished. Paul Goldschmidt put up another productive season for the Diamondbacks as he posted a batting line of .290/.389/.922 to go along with 33 home runs and 83 RBI’s. While playing in a contract year in 2019, the Diamondbacks unlikely open up contract extension talks and open up trade talks at some point next season.
Pro Baseball News: October 22nd, 2018:
Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB): Infielder Ketel Marte possibly moving to the outfield in 2019? – Arizona Republic
- It is sounding like the Diamondbacks are prepared for a battle this offseason. The Diamondbacks could very well possibly be without their ace Patrick Corbin and now A.J. Pollock as both are walking in free agency this winter. The loss of Pollock will leave the Diamondbacks with a hole in center field as it will leave a very rocky Chris Owings as their only center fielder. Ketel Marte, a talented infielder, has played in the outfield once before but with Eduardo Escobar returning with a new contract and coming off an excellent season, the team wants him as their everyday second baseman. It will be for the best if Marte moves to the outfield in 2019.
San Francisco Giants (MLB): Four Giants players elect free agency rather than outright to Triple-A – Alex Pavlovic of NBC Bay Area
- The list is as followed, second basemen Kelby Tomlinson, Chase d’Arnaud, Miguel Gomez and pitcher Casey Kelly. The biggest name out of the list is Kelby Tomlinson. Tomlinson served as a priority backup and injury-replacement for the Giants for quite some time. Tomlinson is not a consistent hitter but has showed flare on the defensive side of the ball. All four of these guys will all garner minor league deals in free agency.
Pro Baseball News: October 14th, 2018:
Miami Marlins: Marlins outright pitcher Chris O’Grady to Triple-A New Orleans
- Chris O’Grady had a quick cup of coffee (8 games) with the Marlins this season. O’Grady missed the majority of the season with an elbow issue and is now off the Marlins 40-man roster. He will continue to serve as organizational depth in at AAA.
Oakland Athletics: Athletics send outfielders Jake Smolinski and Dean Kiekhefer to Triple-A Nashville
- Jake Smolinski’s 2018 season was derailed due to a blood clot in his leg which affected his performance this season. In 18 games, Smolinski hit .128 this season. Dean Kiekhefer only appeared in four games for the Athletics in 2018. In 2018, Kiekhefer has an 18.00 ERA. He is now off the A’s 40-man roster and will continue to serve as organizational depth.