Stay up to date on all of the top College Football prospects during the 2017 season.
November 7th, 2017
Arizona State Sun Devils: Demario Richard more of a complete back than Kalen Ballage?
- Draft Analyst Troy Pauline in his weekly risers and sliders piece said that Arizona State running back Demario Richard is more of a complete back than teammate Kalen Ballage. “Richard may not have the pure athleticism of Ballage, his vision, instincts, and dare I say intensity are more in line with the NFL game.” Kalen Ballage has taken quite the step back this season after a very dominant 2016 campaign with the Sun Devils. This year, Ballage has 102 carries for 421 yards and 5 touchdowns as Richard has 125 carries for 568 yards and 6 touchdowns. Kalen Ballage’s decline this year has indeed taken a bit of a toll on his draft stock he is still undoubtedly a top five running back in the 2018 class at the running back position. We would not expect Richard to declare for the draft in 2018. (Source: Troy Pauline)
Memphis Tigers: Senior Bowl Press: Riley Ferguson is “the real deal”
- The Senior Bowl released a press release on some of top prospects and they mentioned Memphis senior quarterback Riley Ferguson. One scout mentioned “He’s the real deal. Love his arm and the way he competes. Just look at what he did this last game vs. Houston bringing his team all the way back. The guy has ‘it’.” as another scout says “His whole offense is half-field reads and he stays on his first target too long. I still don’t like the long release and don’t think he’s as athletic as others are saying. His balls hang in the air too long, but he does have good accuracy on intermediate throws. Need to see some consistency, but he has been a winner.” This season, Riley Ferguson has had a strong season as he has completed 59.7% of his passes for 2,583 yards with 2 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Memphis has been on fire all season sitting at 7-1 on the year, the team has the chance to go 10-1 on the year with winnable games over Tulsa, SMU and East Carolina to finish the season.
Arizona State Sun Devils: Kalen Ballage to be a feature back in the NFL? | September 22nd, 2017
- Draft Analyst Troy Pauline wrote in his Tuesday Draft Notes article that NFL scouts see Arizona State’s Kalen Ballage as a feature back in the NFL. “The biggest concern at this point is his pure speed, and it’s something to keep an eye on in pre-draft workouts.” Entering the 2017 College Football season, Arizona State head coach Todd Graham had a lot of expectations on Ballage saying that he will run a 4.4 at the 2018 NFL Combine, which will boost his draft stock from his 2nd-3rd round status currently. This season, Ballage does not have the rushing totals but has the touchdowns as he is a focal point in Arizona State’s red zone offense. Kalen Ballage currently has 179 rushing yards on 49 carries and 4 touchdowns through three games this year. Expect Ballage to have a bigger workload in a huge Pac-12 matchup on Saturday as the Oregon Ducks visit the Sun Devils in Tempe.
Mississippi State Bulldogs: Quarterback Nick Fitzgerald rising up draft boards | September 19th, 2017
- Draft Analyst Troy Pauline in his Risers & Sliders weekly article has Bulldogs quarterback Nick Fitzgerald as a riser. “His ability to run with the ball is proof of the athleticism possessed by the big-armed signal caller and Fitzgerald is watching his draft stock take off.” Nick Fitzgerald is continuing to have a spectacular season as he is coming off another solid game this past Saturday against LSU which saw him pass for 180 yards, rush for 85 yards and have 4 total touchdowns (2 passing/2rushing). Nick Fitzgerald in three games this season has passed for 543 yards, 7 touchdowns and 1 interception. Nick Fitzgerald will look to continue to up his stock and his solid season this Saturday in the battle of the Bulldogs as they meet Georgia on the road.
San Diego State Aztecs: Rashaad Penny rising up draft boards with three strong games | September 18th, 2017
- In his weekly Risers & Sliders article on DraftAnalyst.com, Troy Pauline states that San Diego State running back Rashaad Penny could slide into a second-round draft. Rashaad Penny has had a very productive three-game stretch to start the year. In three games, Rashaad Penny has totaled 588 rushing yards and 4 rushing touchdowns while posting 69 receiving yards and 1 touchdown. Rashaad Penny has really taken over as a focal piece in the Aztecs backfield and can transition that role with the right team at the next level in the NFL.
Georgia Bulldogs: Daniel Jeremiah compares Georgia running back Nick Chubb to Jordan Howard | September 8th, 2017
- In the latest article posted on NFL.com’s College Football 24-7, Daniel Jeremiah compared Georgia running back Nick Chubb to Jordan Howard. In the article Daniel Jeremiah says “I came away impressed with Chubb’s power and balance. He’s at his best working between the tackles and grinding out tough yards.” and would continue to say “He doesn’t quite have the burst or top speed he possessed as a younger player, but he did flash some elusiveness in space. He reminds me a little bit of the Bears’ Jordan Howard.”
USC Trojans: Quarterback Sam Darnold being compared to Andrew Luck by David Shaw | August 22nd, 2017
- In an interview with ESPN.com, Stanford Cardinal head coach David Shaw compared top 2018 NFL Draft pick Sam Darnold to Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. “He’s the best college quarterback I’ve seen at anticipating since Andrew Luck,” Coach Shaw says, he would continue by saying “When you evaluate quarterbacks who can play at the next level, you’re looking for guys who can see a play before it happens and get the ball out of their hands quick. He’s the best I’ve seen in years.” Sam Darnold, a red-shirt sophomore, is projected to go 1st overall in most sites mock drafts. We will see once the season progresses if he will maintain his draft status.