2017 NFL Season News
Your source for all the key news regarding player movement and injury updates to key players during the 2017 NFL Season.
Week Three Coverage
Miami Dolphins: Dolphins indefinitely suspend linebacker Lawrence Timmons | September 19th, 2017
- This afternoon, the Miami Dolphins announced that they have suspended linebacker Lawrence Timmons for leaving the team prior to Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers. It was reported that Lawrence Timmons had been dealing with a personal issue and that is why he went missing for some time before being found on Sunday morning. The Dolphins are extremely thin at linebacker but this matter should not go unpunished. The Dolphins should explore either trading for any available linebacker, signing a free agent or promoting someone from their practice squad. We should get word on a move sometime soon.
Carolina Panthers: Panthers worked out Gavin Escobar and Jace Amaro on Tuesday | September 19th, 2017
- After losing starting tight end Greg Olsen to a broken leg on Sunday, the team is scrambling around to find depth at tight end. The free agent market at tight end is really thin but one name that really stands out and could be a better option is former Panther himself Gary Barnidge. Both Gavin Escobar and Jace Amaro are both not threats at tight end and would be nothing but depth in Carolina as Barnidge could be an instant starter and big-time contributor. Two seasons ago, Gary Barnidge had a career season where he caught 79 receptions for 1,043 yards and 9 touchdowns. Last season, Barndige fell off mostly due to the poor quarterback play in Cleveland. The Carolina Panthers should look into Gary Barnidge as he still remains as the top remaining tight end free agent.
Week Two Coverage
Baltimore Ravens: Ravens sign RB Alex Collins off practice squad, waived Jeremy Langford
- Jeremy Langford did not last a week on the Ravens 53-man roster and is now a free agent. Langford, 25, was at one point a starting running back in the league as he was named starter for the Bears back in 2016. In 2016, Jeremy Langford finished off the season with 200 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns but eventually lost the starting role and finished off the season as the #2 back for the Bears. Jeremy Langford will look to latch on to another team’s roster or practice squad.
Houston Texans: Texans TE C.J. Fiedorowicz placed on injured-reserve with concussion
- The receiving core in Houston is getting diminished. To start the season, Houston entered the season without their #2 wide receiver Will Fuller and will now be without their starting tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz. C.J. Fiedorowicz has been dealing with concussion issues since the preseason and this past Sunday vs. Jacksonville he sustained his second concussion. Tight end Stephen Anderson will get the nod for week 2 as backup tight end Ryan Griffin is also dealing with a concussion and will miss week 2. (James Palmer: September 13th, 2017)
Kansas City Chiefs: Chiefs worked DB Aaron Williams on Tuesday
- The Kansas City Chiefs are looking to add depth to their secondary after losing playmaker Eric Berry to an Achilles injury vs. New England last Thursday. Aaron Williams was released by the Buffalo Bills this past spring and has been known to be injury prone due to neck injuries. There has been no official word on his signing but there should be more on this Wednesday morning. (Adam Caplan: September 12th, 2013)
Baltimore Ravens: Ravens RB Danny Woodhead out 6-8 weeks due to hamstring injury
- Once reported as a 4-8 week recovery period now turned 6-8 weeks. Danny Woodhead injured his hamstring at the end of the Ravens opening drive against Cincinnati on Sunday afternoon. Danny Woodhead is coming off ACL surgery last season and his health has been a concern entering this season. Danny Woodhead is looking at a mid-to-late November return to the field. Terrance West and Buck Allen will carry on as the primary backs for Baltimore look for Jeremy Langford or Alex Collins to possibly get a practice squad call-up. (Adam Schefter: September 12th, 2017)
- Update: Head coach John Harbaugh confirmed that Danny Woodhead will be out of action for four weeks.
Week One Coverage
Houston Texans: Texans bench quarterback Tom Savage, rookie DeShaun Watson gets 2nd half start | Gameday
- It was an atrocious first half for Tom Savage as he will finish his day with 7 completions for 62 yards with no touchdowns and interceptions. To open up the second half, Bill O’Brein’s Texans called upon rookie DeShaun Watson who is coming off a solid preseason. This could very well be the start of the Watson Era in Houston.
Baltimore Ravens: Running back Danny Woodhead carted to locker room | Gameday
- Baltimore Ravens running back Danny Woodhead was taken out of today’s game vs. Cincinnati after the first drive due to a hamstring injury. Danny Woodhead injury history was a concern heading into the season as he is coming off a year where he tore his ACL. Danny Woodhead is doubtful for a return to the game so in the meantime, Buck Allen will be promoted to backup behind Terrance West for the remainder of the game.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Receiver Allen Robinson carted to locker room, Will not return vs. Texans | Gameday
- Allen Robinson was carted to the locker room after he injured his left knee on a non-contact play. No further information has been given but we will be providing all the information as it is presented to us. The Jaguars will have Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee going forward as their 1/2 punch.
Jacksonville Jaguars: Jaguars win claim for safety Calvin Pryor, waived by Browns Wednesday
- Waived by the Browns on Wednesday for fighting with teammates, Calvin Pryor was claimed off waivers from the Browns this afternoon. This will be the second time that Pryor has been traded as he was traded from the Jets to the Browns back in June and now he is with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Calvin Pryor could potentially miss week one due to the nature of getting a hold of the playbook but, he will be a solid depth addition for the Jaguars. He will play behind Tashaun Gipson and Barry Church at safety. (Mike Garafolo: September 8th, 2017)
Chicago Bears: Bears release quarterback Connor Shaw and running back Ka’deem Carey
- A double move by the Chicago Bears. Both Connor Shaw and Ka’deem Carey was on the Chicago Bears injured-reserve list. Connor Shaw sustained a hamstring injury against the Bears third preseason game as Ka’deem Carey had been dealing with a wrist injury and the Bears decided to call quits on both in whole. Ka’deem Carey, 24, is still dealing with this injury and could take time until a team takes a shot with him. (Chicago Bears: September 8th, 2017)
Jacksonville Jaguars: Jaguars place wide receiver Dede Westbrook on injured reserve
- This afternoon the Jaguars have confirmed that they will be placing rookie wide receiver Dede Westbrook on injured-reserve, missing 6 weeks. All preseason long, Dede Westbrook has been dealing with injuries and despite not being 100% during the preseason finale the Jaguars gave him the green light to play. Dede Westbrook was drafted in the third round of April’s draft and was set to play behind receivers Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns and Marqise Lee. Dede Westbrook will miss the first six weeks of the season and can return once he returns from injury. (Jaguars: September 8th, 2017)
Kansas City Chiefs: Chiefs DB Eric Berry sustains ruptured Achilles tendon vs. Patriots
- The worst has occurred for the Chiefs and Eric Berry. Last night, the Chiefs stunned the defending Super Bowl Champions defeating the Patriots at home 42-27. Eric Berry had a terrific game against New England but late into the fourth quarter covering Rob Gronkowski, Berry’s ankle gave-way unexpectedly. Losing Berry for the season is crucial for the Chiefs as he is the key piece in the Chiefs secondary. Taking over for Eric Berry will be the fifth-year veteran, Daniel Sorensen. (Ian Rapoport: September 8th, 2017)