Looking for all the latest breaking news, rumors and updates from around professional football? 365 Sports Network has you covered. This section year-round will provide you with all the latest rumors from around football. This section will provide updates from the National Football League, Canadian Football League with more league’s to come soon.
2018 Year In Football
Pro Football Rumors: March 4th, 2018
Atlanta Falcons: Falcons and Seahawks in trade talks about Michael Bennett?
- According to ESPN’s Vaughn McClure, the Falcons are among the teams interested in trading for Seahawks lineman Michael Bennett. Earlier today, Jason La Canfora tweeted that the impending free agent Dontari Poe is likely not going to return to Atlanta next season so the Falcons are looking at Michael Bennett as a backup option. Michael Bennett has links to Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and if the Seahawks are willing to deal expect the Falcons to be right there in the chase for Bennett. This is something to keep tabs on this week.
Pro Football Rumors: March 2nd, 2018
Baltimore Ravens: Ravens clearinghouse at wide receiver this offseason?
- Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome announced to the media that the Ravens will basically clear house at wide receiver this offseason. The Ravens currently have Mike Wallace and Michael Campanaro heading into free agency and the team is sounding like they will be cutting Jeremy Maclin to save cap money, $5 million if they cut Maclin. Newsome also said that the upcoming training camp is a make or break for Breshad Perriman. The Ravens could look into free agency and be in play for players like Terrelle Pryor, Sammy Watkins but, they could look to bring in a rookie receiver at some point during the NFL Draft. (Source: Jeff Zrebiec)
Pro Football Rumors: March 1st, 2018
Chicago Bears: Bears among the interested teams for Dolphins Jarvis Landry?
- The Miami Dolphins announced that they will allow Jarvis Landry to test the trade market late Thursday night. There is sure to be a big market for Jarvis Landry and the Chicago Bears could be one of the teams in the mix. The Bears have such poor depth at wide receiver as Kevin White has not lived up to his expectations, Kendall Wright is average and Markus Wheaton is a free agent bust so far. The possible addition of Landry is an excellent start in possibly rebuilding of their receiving core in to help Mitchell Trubisky for the future. (Source: Miami Herald)
Cleveland Browns: Browns to move on from Isaiah Crowell this offseason?
- In a question sent via Twitter about who will be the Browns starting running back come week one, ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi mentioned “high draft pick”. The Cleveland Browns have two first-round selections this year with both of them coming in the top 5. Isaiah Crowell, 25, finished out his rookie contract with the Browns back in 2016 but the Browns decided to bring him back in 2017 with a second-round tender. Crowell should generate a solid market this offseason we would predict teams like Arizona and San Francisco could possibly have interest in him. (Source: Tony Grossi – ESPN Cleveland)
Pro Football Rumors: February 5th, 2018
Oakland Raiders: Raiders to release defensive back, David Amerson?
- Two-years into a lucrative 4-year, $34 million dollar deal, the Raiders have decided to release cornerback David Amerson. During the training camp, Amerson battled with rookie Gareon Conley for a starting corner position and it was Amerson who came out on top. Amerson would be starting cornerback until week seven where he suffered a season-ending leg injury which cost him the season and his time with the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders currently have three listed cornerbacks on their roster as T.J. Carrie is set to be a free agent but the Raiders will likely pursue him to keep him around for 2018 and beyond.
New Orleans Saints: Saints to release defensive tackle Nick Fairley.
- Dealing with a heart condition during the 2017 offseason which cost him the 2017 season, the Saints officially released Nick Fairley today. Nick Fairley signed a massive contract extension with the Saints during the offseason 4-year, $28 million dollar deal but even after the release, there is still no solution to the contract situation. Pro Football Talk reports that Fairley signed an $8 million dollar in part of $14 million guaranteed in the contract with the Saints last offseason. Nick Fairley, along with the Saints have both filed grievances against the NFL over the contract issue and no news has been reported except the fact that they both filed grievances. The contract dispute sounds like it is still continuing. (Source: Field Yates)
Football Rumors: January 12th, 2018
Dallas Cowboys: Brice Butler to move on from the Cowboys this coming offseason?
- In an interview with Skip Bayless on FOX Sports 1, Brice Butler said that he would return to Dallas in 2018 if he is promised a starting role with the team. Active for 13 games in 2017, Brice Butler became a big factor in the Cowboys receiving game as he caught 15 receptions for 317 yards and 3 touchdowns. Capable of so much more, Butler could have a hard time finding that starting gig should Dez Bryant return, Craig Beasley being around and Terrance Williams contract being too much just for him to sit on the bench. Should all these fall into place, it will be best for Butler to test the market and look for a home that will give him much playing time as a starter. Brice Butler could get playing time with the Chicago Bears and San Francisco 49ers should they have interest this offseason. (Source: Dallas Morning News)
Tennessee Titans: Has Demarco Murray played his final down with the Titans?
- It has been a tough conclusion of the 2017 season for DeMarco Murray as he sustained a torn MCL which cost him the Wild Card game vs. Kansas City and now the Divisional Round vs. New England. DeMarco Murray had a disappointing 2017 season as he averaged 3.6 yards per attempt (matching his 2015 season with Philadelphia), 659 rushing yards (career low) and 6 rushing touchdowns. With DeMarco Murray aging and injuries starting to develop the Titans are preparing to officially give the bulk of the carries to Derrick Henry for the remainder of the postseason and beyond. DeMarco Murray currently carries a $6.25 million dollar contract in 2018 but could be off the hook from it this offseason. The Titans could look into the NFL Draft to find their backup to Henry for 2018. (Source: Cameron Wolfe)
Pro Football Rumors: January 4th, 2018
Los Angeles Chargers: Chargers uncertain about future with Antonio Gates.
- In an interview with NBC7 San Diego, Los Angeles Chargers general manager Tom Telesco said that he does not have an answer right now in regards to Antonio Gates future with the team. Antonio Gates saw very minimal playing time in 2017 but was forced into the starting role when Hunter Henry went down with his laceration injury in the team’s loss to Kansas City in week 15. In the time he played, Gates caught 30 receptions for 316 yards and 3 touchdowns. At this point, only time will tell if Gates is willing to play another season as the backup to Hunter Henry or ride off into the sunset of his already Hall of Fame career. (Source: Pro Football Talk)
Pro Football Rumors: January 2nd, 2018
Arizona Cardinals: Quarterback Carson Palmer announces retirement.
- After an injury-plagued 2017 season, Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer announced his retirement from the National Football League. Carson Palmer, 38, was the first overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals where he spent 8 seasons with playing under Marvin Lewis. After spending 8-seasons with Cincinnati, Carson Palmer was later traded to Oakland where he will spend two seasons with before finishing up his final five years with the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals are going into a must rebuild mode now as they just lost their starting quarterback and head coach Bruce Arians in all within a day or so from each other. Carson Palmer finishes his career 12th in career passing yards at 46,257 and 12th in passing touchdowns with 247. The Cardinals will now shift their focus on drafting a new franchise quarterback in the 2018 NFL Draft as quarterbacks like Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield are all draft bound.
Pro Football Rumors: December 31st, 2017
Oakland Raiders: Raiders fire head coach Jack Del Rio after three seasons.
- What a step-back it was for Oakland in 2017, 12-4 in 2016 and 6-10 in 2017, Raiders decided to move on from Jack Del Rio after today’s loss to the Chargers. Jack Del Rio joined the Oakland Raiders in 2015 after winning Super Bowl 50 with the Denver Broncos and coaching one of the leagues dominate defenses at the time in Denver. Del Rio’s time with Oakland was up and down to put it clearly. Jack Del Rio signed a four-year contract extension back in February after coming off his best head coaching season since 2007 with a 12-4 season but 2017’s downward year and disappointing outings from the team’s defense and at-times the offense and also with the possible addition of John Gruden, Del Rio was let go. The Oakland Raiders are expected to be all in on John Gruden this offseason as earlier this week the Raiders are willing to give Gruden a part of ownership should join the Raiders for 2018.
Indianapolis Colts: Colts fire head coach Chuck Pagano
- After six seasons spent with the Indianapolis Colts, the team has officially fired Chuck Pagano. In his first three seasons with the Colts, Pagano, lead the Colts to back-to-back-to-back 11-5 seasons winning the AFC South in 2013 and 2014. In the last three seasons, the Colts have taken steps back and 2017 was one of the worst seasons the Colts had during the Pagano Era (4-12, last in the division). Chuck Pagano ends his six-year tenure with the Colts with a 53-43 record. Pagano could quite possibly get looks at being a coordinator this off-season but now only time and interest will tell.