2018 College Football News
With the 2017 College Football Season completed we will now shift our focus on covering the 2018 offseason and once the season starts we will begin our regular season coverage. We provide complete news, rumors, and updates throughout the offseason.
American Athletic Conference
- Temple Owls (Logan Marchi transfers): Former starting quarterback Logan Marchi announced on his Twitter that he will be leaving Temple for East Tennessee State. Logan Marchi started the 2017 season as the Owls starting quarterback but took a few steps back come mid-season and was replaced by Frank Nutile. Logan Marchi finishes his career with Temple with 55.0% completion percentage, 1687 passing yards, 9 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. With Marchi leaving the FBS level and heading to the FCS level he will be eligible to play in 2018. (January 9th, 2018)
- Tulsa Green Wave (Zach Smith transfer to Tulsa): On December 19th, 2017, Zach Smith posted via his Twitter account that he will be transferring out of Baylor University. Fast forward a couple of weeks later he has now decided to remain at the FBS level and transfer to Tulsa University. Zach Smith spent two seasons with the Baylor Bears playing in 19 games (starting 10 of the 19). In 19 appearances with the Bears, Smith completed 55.7% of his passes for 2,997 passing yards, 21 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. With two years of college eligibility left, Zach Smith will reunite with is former offensive coordinator Phillip Montgomery at Tulsa as the pair crossed paths back when Montgomery was recruiting Smith to Baylor. Zach Smith will have to sit out the 2018 season and will battle for the starting job once the 2019 season rolls around. (January 7th, 2018) (Source: Tulsa World)
Atlantic Coast Conference
- Pittsburgh Panthers (Kenny Pickett named starter heading into spring practices): After losing both Max Browne and Ben DiNucci this offseason to transfers, Pittsburgh has named quarterback Kenny Pickett starter heading into spring practices. This past season, Kenny Pickett played in four games with the most notable being against then #2 Miami Hurricanes in which he led the Panthers to an upset victory. With Pickett being named the starter before spring practices he will be in a battle to keep that position as the Panthers have JUCO transfer Ricky Town coming to Pittsburgh to battle for the position. (February 28th, 2018) (Source: Orlando Sentinel)
- Clemson Tigers (Clemson running back C.J. Fuller to transfer as a graduate): With the emergence of Tavien Feaster in 2017, C.J. Fuller will not spend another behind playing him and Travis Etienne as he decided he will transfer from the Tigers. In 2017, C.J. Fuller finished the season off with 217 rushing yards and 3 touchdowns on 58 carries which was fifth on the team. With Fuller being a graduate-transfer he will be eligible to play at any level in 2018. We will monitor the travelings of Fuller once he decides his new team to join for 2018.
BIG TEN Conference
BIG 12 Conference
Mountain West Conference
- UCLA Bruins (Adarius Pickett to return in 2018): Junior cornerback Adarius Pickett announced that he will be returning to UCLA for his senior season. Pickett, 22, is coming off his best year in his career with the Bruins. In 2017, Pickett totaled 85 total tackles (63 solo, 22 assists) and 1 interception in 13 games with the team. Pickett will return to UCLA and will return with Chip Kelly and Jerry Azzinaro calling the plays on defense. (January 7th, 2018)
- Missouri Tigers (Drew Locke to return for senior season): In a video posted on his Twitter account, Drew Lock will be returning to Missouri for his senior season. In the video, Lock stated that he has a responsibility to his teammates and coaching staff and also playing in an offensive scheme that will develop him into a better player. Should have Lock declare for the 2018 NFL Draft he would be looking at a day two selection but could improve his draft stock with a solid final season with the Tigers in 2018. In 2017, Lock completed 57.8% of his passes for 3,964 passing yards and 44 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Drew Lock will play under new offensive coordinator in Derek Dooley in 2018. (January 9th, 2018)