Starting in 2018, 365 Sports Network will be bringing College Football coverage like never before. This year, we will be breaking up news, rumors, and updates by conferences so you can get easy access to all the latest news from your favorite schools.
American Athletic Conference:
Atlantic Coast Conference:
Georgia Tech Y. Jackets: A.J. Gray announces retirement from football
- (May 8th): A.J. Gray spent three seasons with the Yellow Jackets and was an immediate factor to the team’s defense as a true freshman. During his three year tenure with the Yellow Jackets, Gray accumulated 147 total tackles, 1 sack, 2 fumble recoveries and 1 forced fumble. Yellow Jackets head coach Paul Johnson said that Gray will be a medical non-counter and can remain with the university on scholarship. (Source: Team Site)
BIG Ten Conference:
BIG 12 Conference:
Texas Longhorns: Former California running back Tre Watson transfers to Texas.
- (May 7th): Former California running back announced on Twitter that he has decided to transfer to Texas. Watson had the state of Texas on his mind during his transfer visits as Texas Tech was also an option for the running back. Prior to joining Texas, Watson spent four-years at California where he was a progressing back until his knee injury last season. During his tenure at California, Tre Watson rushed for 1,380 yards on 273 carries and rushing for 5 touchdowns. He will join the Longhorns immediately and will battle for the starting running back gig against Daniel Young and Toneil Carter.
FBS – Independents:
Mountain West Conference:
Wyoming Cowboys: Running back Trey Woods (shoulder) done for 2018 season
- (June 1st): Speaking to the media on Thursday, Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl confirmed that Trey Woods will miss the upcoming season due to shoulder surgery. Last season, as a true freshman, Trey Woods lead the Cowboys in rushing as he ran 142 carries for 493 yards and 2 touchdowns. With Woods done for the upcoming the Cowboys will now lean toward Nico Evans or Kellen Overstreet to carry the work load. This will be a battle to watch once summer camp arrives. (Source: Trib.com)
PAC 12 Conference:
Washington State Cougars: ECU quarterback Gardner Minshew transfers to WSU
- (May 18th): Former East Carolina quarterback Gardner Minshew has announced he will transfer to Washington State as a graduate. It was a bit of an interesting move as Minshew once committed to Alabama but he now lands in a situation where he can be the new starting quarterback for the Cougars in 2018. With Luke Falk off to the NFL, the Cougars are looking for their new starter and Minshew will be right in the mix. Gardner Minshew will have to beat out Cammon Cooper, Trey Tinsley and Anthony Gordon. (Source: Washington Post)
Arizona State Sun Devils: Junior quarterback Blake Barnett to transfer
- (April 25th): A transfer from Alabama in 2016, Blake Barnett was very limited in his at Arizona State. During his tenure, Barnett played backup to Manny Wilkins who is inked in as the starting quarterback for the coming 2018 season. Barnett played in 2 games for Arizona State completing 3 of 5 passes for 40 yards. Barnett, a graduate junior, will be eligible to play in 2018. (Update: Barnett will visit South Florida this weekend).
Ohio State Buckeyes: Ohio State quarterback Joe Burrow to transfer as a graduate
- (May 8th): After month’s of speculation of a possible transfer out of Ohio State the rumors are finally true. With two years of college eligibility left Burrow will transfer to a new school and will be eligible to play immediately. With Burrow leaving the Buckeyes will head into the season with Dwayne Haskins as the early favorite to land the starting role and Tate Martell as the likely backup.