UFC Fight Night 121: Fabricio Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura will take place on November 19th, 2017 at the Qudos Bank Arena in Auckland, Australia. The main event features Fabricio Werdum (filling in for Mark Hunt) taking on rising heavyweight competitor Marcin Tybura.
- October 10th: The main event of the evening was scheduled to be Mark Hunt vs. Marcin Tybura but the UFC pulled Mark Hunt out of the event due to health concerns. This came about when Mark Hunt posted an article called “If I Die Fighting, That’s Is Fine”. In the post, Mark Hunt makes references to what he has been enduring such as stuttering his words and not remembering what he did the previous day but knowing what he did in his long-term past. The pull-out from the event by the UFC irritated Hunt which led to him posting vulgar comments toward Dana White. This will continue to be an ongoing issue while Hunt is under contract with the UFC.
- September 13th: Jesse Taylor, TUF Redemption winner, was cited for a USADA doping violation and was pulled from the event card and in replacement, Tim Means stepped in to meet Taylor’s opponent Belal Muhammad. On October 13th, news broke that Jesse Taylor tested positive for clomiphene and has since been suspended for 1-year.
Event Card: No official setup announced yet.
- Fabrico Werdum vs. Marcin Tybura
- Bec Rawlings vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Tim Means vs. Belal Muhammad
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Humberto Bandenay
- Elias Theodorou vs. Dan Kelly
- Jenel Lausa vs. Eric Shelton
- Alex Chambers vs. Nadia Kassem
- Ryan Benoit vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
Rumored for the Event:
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Rashad Coulter
- Damien Brown vs. Frank Camacho
- Jake Matthews vs. Bojan Veličković