Here are the reported and confirmed news coming from the 32 teams around the National Football League. Join the discussion and more pro football talk on Twitter by tweeting at me @JustinDavidKish.
- The Panthers will workout former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Aaron Murray. Aaron Murray was not re-signed back with the team and immediately became a free agent. Panthers backup quarterbacks Derek Anderson and Joe Webb are set to become free agents at the conclusion of 2017.
- Panthers wide receiver coach Ricky Proehl has resigned from his position. Steve Reed has reported that Proehl is stepping down to watch his kids play sports. Proehl has a son who is in college playing for North Carolina. Proehl has coached the Panthers since 2011.
Los Angeles Chargers
- San Diego Union-Tribune reporter Michael Gehlken reports that Chargers running back Danny Woodhead is 6-weeks ahead of his recovery.
New York Jets
- Jets extended the contract of right guard Brian Winters. Winters landed a 4-year, $29 million dollar extension with $15 million guaranteed.
- Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant has applied for reinstatement to the league. Martavis Bryant has had a real interesting week as it was announced that he considered retirement during his suspension. Martavis Bryant was suspended for the entire season back in March and is now eligible to comeback. He will not be apart of the Steelers AFC title game and possible Super Bowl matchup if they defeat the Patriots.